At least they are today, thanks to my write-up about Rancho Gordo beans, the best dried beans you're likely to find. Read it. Enjoy it. Comment on it.
In other news, I'm told that issue 2 of Edible East Bay will arrive in stores very soon. Maybe even next week. It includes my article about Rosenblum Cellars and the folks who have been shaped by their time in the Alameda facility, as well as several other top-notch articles about the East Bay food culture.
And since this has become a Derrick-spotting post, I'll mention that I saw the final draft of my Mosel piece, which uses 5 of Melissa's photos, and I imagine it'll be available in a month or so. Finally, I sold a piece to a major wine magazine that should be out in the June or July time frame, but I'm keeping that a surprise: Let's just say it's a big departure from my normal sale. Don't worry about forgetting about these; I'll be sure to mention them again.