Monday, September 4, 2006

Not About Food

We're back from Victoria just long enough to do laundry before we leave for France. I have a couple food-related posts that I hope to get up before we go, but I'm making a rare OWF departure to congratulate some friends who just passed major milestones.


My friends Hans and Mark crossed two thresholds: They got married this weekend in Victoria, and Hans shipped the public beta of his new Inbox program, a Getting Things Done solution for Mac OS X Tiger. Hans warns me that it's "very beta," but he's eager to hear your thoughts and comments. It may be a couple weeks before he gets back to you, though, since he and Mark are taking time for a honeymoon.


My friend Sara Bennett just published her book The Case Against Homework, co-authored with Nancy Kalish. The book examines the myth of the "more is better" view of homework, and should be on every parent's nightstand. (For those who have wandered through the links on the right, Sara's husband is New York uber-photoblogger Joe Holmes.)


Okie doke. Food posts to resume shortly.