Friday, November 17, 2006

Web Reads

Run, Forest Glen, Run!
They call the Marathon du Médoc, through the vineyards of Bordeaux, the longest marathon in the world. But no one comments on the difficulty of finishing a full marathon where you drink wine at the rest stops. Maybe that's because red wine builds stamina, according to this New York Times article. Sure the findings look tentative, but when it comes to wine, I'm willing to take my chances and drink more.



Thanks, Jeff



Mixology Monday 9

Our friend Dietsch has posted the round-up for the latest edition of Mixology Monday, a cocktail-themed blogging event that brings out everyone's inner bartender. How civilized. IMBB may be a thing of the past, but its descendants continue to thrive.



What Am I Pouring in Class, Part 2

Catherine posted her notes on the wines I poured at the second meeting of my wines of Germany course. I focused on the Nahe, Rheinhessen, and Pfalz, with some extra wines thrown in for comparison purposes. I got my students closer to a coveted membership in the Wine Century Club by pouring Scheurebe, and we found a good German Pinot Noir.