Hey, San Franciscans. Like beer? Then head down to The City Beer Shop on Folsom. I had never heard of it, but I stopped by to buy some bottles for an upcoming Chronicle article.
The young and knowledgeable owner, Craig, has packed his small space with a wealth of interesting bottles from all around the world. I had no problems finding most of the beer I was hunting, even though some of it is less common. A small bar and some small tables allow you to pull up a stool and taste one of the four or five beers on tap—I suppose you can buy beer and drink it there as well, though I don't know for sure.
I didn't get the full scoop—I was on my lunch break, and I had a mission—but he's only been around for a year. He's still under the radar for a lot of people. I bought my assignment bottles, and then bought four more for my personal inventory. But I was tempted to walk out with a dozen more.