Monday, July 23, 2007

Not About Food: Love Song To Editors

I tell anyone who listens that my current passion for improving my writing comes from good editors. (I had good editors when I wrote my books, but I wasn't ready to understand what they were doing). One editor in particular changed my writing forever, both through example and by inspiring me to learn on my own, but I've had the good fortune to stumble across other good editors and coaches. (I've also found some whom I don't like; they just reinforce how wonderful the others are.)



So I enjoyed this ode to editors at Salon enough to post about it here, in the main body of OWF, instead of in the Snack bar on the side or on OWEE. A good editor is a treasure, and I'm not just saying that because some of mine happen to read this site. Some day, I hope to pass to some future young writer the wisdom they continue to give me.