Unread books. Unplayed video games. Unwritten articles and essays. Unheard podcasts. A brand-new GAMES magazine. My carry-on luggage holds enough entertainment to survive an apocalypse, but it may not be enough for my plane flights in the next two weeks.
Melissa and I head out tonight for New Zealand (Blenheim, Nelson, and Wellington) and Australia (Brisbane and Gold Coast), where we'll taste wine, see the sights, and attend the 27th International Puzzle Party. Maybe I'll bring home some more food-themed puzzles. It will be a nice break from our hectic lives of late. Thanks for all your recommendations on things to do and places to eat; we'll provide a full report.
Don't expect many updates, if any, until we get back in mid August. (On the other hand, I have a short piece on Txakoli filed at the Chronicle's Wine section; it may run before we come home.) Until then, Melissa and I wish you good food and drink.